Installation and configuration
From Underdone Wiki
Installing Underdone RPG
- Purchase Underdone RPG from gmodstore.
- Download the main script file from gmodstore after purchase.
- Copy all the files within the zip to your server, make sure they go within the “garrysmod” folder.
- Subscribe to the Underdone Content on the Workshop. (Also mount this on your server)
- You need to download the core addon files used with the gamemode. Place the extracted folder into your "addons" folder. http://www.underdone.org/downloads/underdone_content.rar
- Install one of the following maps: ud_lockedwaste, gm_fork, rp_pripyat_fixed or rp_evocity2_v2p rp_evocity2_v2p is recommended as it is the most up to date map.
- The gamemode name is "+gamemode underdone" you also may have to set "+r_hunkalloclightmaps 0" if you get a "Engine hunk overflow!" error on server start up.
- If you are hosting a dedicated server you will need the following games mounted otherwise players will be able to walk/not be able to interact with some models.
- Counter-Strike Source
- Team Fortress 2
- Half-Life 2: Episode One
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Most shared hosting providers should have an option to enable the above games to be mounted in their respective control panel.
- When updating the gamemode NEVER remove the underdone data folder, the other folders (addons and gamemode) should be removed first before applying the update.
- When uploading the gamemode to your server make sure FileZilla transfer type is set to "Binary" the other settings can cause some files to lose there indentation and cause errors.